This was the second year that Sadie participated in the Gym Bin's Fun Meet which is for all class levels that are "non-competitive". It gives the girls an opportunity to show off their skills, practice in front of a crowd and have fun. And truly, from the smile on Sadie's face during the whole meet she was obviously having a blast.
Sadie was in all of the events: floor, beam, vault and bars. I put 2 videos on, one with her best score and one with her worst. Really I have no idea how they score, but they do and the girls get a different colored ribbon based on their score.
The floor routine is what she did the worst in, but I think the blue ribbon that she had around her neck was distracting her! Plus, I love hearing Eli and Sadie's classmate Jack in the background giving commentary.
The beam is the event she scored the highest in and I have to agree that it was her best event. Though, as I've mentioned I can't really tell you why.
The other big gymnastics news is that starting tomorrow Sadie will be moving up to a new level. She'll be a "Rising Star" which means that she will be a part of the "gymnastics club" and will be in the ASAG pre-competitive Level 2. Really, it's a really big way of saying that she'll be practicing 2 times a week for 2 hours each time and that I will have more work to do as a gymnastics mom. It's a big step but she's super-excited about her move. Let's hope she still enjoys it after tomorrow!
4 comments:
I really thought she did great on the beam. I'm glad she had so much fun!
Oh my gosh! That was SO CUTE! I love her little gymnast butt! And I LOVE that her gym does that. What a boost to the girl's confidence it must be!!!
Oh and I agree the ribbon was too distracting on floor. She would have done WAY better without it! haha!
~Cheryl
Awesome!!!
So cute!
I hope her move to Rising Star is wonderful!
Post a Comment