Sunday, January 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Paul Bunyan!

Bemidji's very own Paul Bunyan turned 75 this week. To celebrate, the students at Paul Bunyan Kindergarten celebrated him and Minnesota in lots of ways. But, the highlight was a visit from Paul Bunyan himself who came to the school for an assembly. But, before I get to those pictures, let's take a walk down memory lane.
This is the Zeman family who rendezvoused in Bemidiji back in 1981 (?). My mom is holding Paul's hand, I'm holding my cousin Kelly so you can hardly see me, my dad is looking a little like Tom Selleck in Magnum PI and my brother is behind the stroller.
Here is another photo of our family with Paul. This was taken in 2007 before we moved here. We were passing through from International Falls to Fargo after my brother's wedding.
The kids were supposed to dress up like Paul Bunyan by wearing red, plaid, or flannel and a black hat.

Look at Paul!! He really is a giant. The kids wrote tall tales and read them to Paul and they gave him a present!

Here are some students fitting inside Paul's Belt. I think 21 kids fit inside!!

4 comments:

Enigmama said...

Awesome- love the old pictures!

tomandcheryl said...

so cute! I love that scanned the old photo!
~Cheryl

MomMom said...

Cute!! Love how they own up to where they are!!

Josh and Rya said...

And I'm on the right, below your mom!