Wednesday, January 04, 2012

New Years 2012!


It's become a tradition for us to head to Napoleon, ND to visit Dennis' family over New Years. It has also been tradition for us to get snowed in, but not this year. This year there was no snow and mild 40 degree weather. It was odd seeing ND so brown this time of year. We all had a blast playing lots and lots of games (Qwirkle, Dicecapades, Pinochle, Blokus, Rummikub, not to mention 3 ipads, a kindle, a laptop and a PC--grandma and great-(great) aunt Carolyn even learned how to play Angry Birds!) with all of our favorite Sperles (Terri, Paula, Pat, Grams and Gramps, Greg, Michele and Jack, Megan and Andrew, The Meyers minus Emily and Carl, the Gees minus Adam and Kyle, Carolyn, and Christine and Tony). We even managed to go iceskating and we visited our favorite store, Nita's. We ate about 3000 cookies and somehow still managed to eat our meals with icecream for dessert.
We did not make it until midnight to bring in the New Year. Instead we said happy new year and good night at about 10:00. Can you believe that I didn't take any pictures? Argh. I need to get better at this. Anyways, Jack is 18 months and looks so much like Eli did at that age which means he is deadly cute!! Take a look back at Eli at that age and you'll see what I mean!

3 comments:

allanya said...

I remember him at that age, so cute. Well, he was always reallly cute.

phdmommy said...

Awww, 18-month Eli. I remember him!

MomMom said...

Grandma S got son Qwirkle, we havent opened it yet. Gald you had a good, however brown time!