Friday, January 13, 2012
Big Dreams
Eli had his pal Ryan over for a sleepover. The boys were talking in their sleeping bags on the livingroom floor while I laid on the couch and enjoyed their 6 year old conversation which went something like this.
Eli: My dad said that when I get good at shooting my bow and arrow, I can shoot rabbits with it. (sidenote: I'm pretty sure Dennis never said this.)
Ryan: Yeah. My dad said that when I get good at shooting my BB gun I can hunt rabbits too. Then I can shoot deer, buck, elk, antelope, black bear, grizzly bear, gophers, owls, eagles...
Eli: You can't shoot eagles.
Ryan: Why not?
Eli: I don't know you just can't.
Ryan: And I can shoot foxes, coyotes, wolves...
Eli: You can't shoot wolves there's only 7 of those left.
Ryan: Ok, I won't shoot wolves. But, I can go out west when I get bigger and shoot rattlesnakes.
Well, I don't know about rabbits, but haybales are a great place to start.
After hitting the haybale Eli said, "Am I ready to hunt rabbits yet?"
I think he needs to work on being able to pull the bow back himself before he can move on to hunting rabbits... Where do these kids come up with these things?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Impressed he knows about eagles and wolves. What's he going to do with a dead rabbit?
I love that your kids are learning to use a bow! Is Eli really going to hunt? I need to tell Allanya that you can eat the rabbits :) I love that the boys were talking about it too.
Think Lower Eli, squirrels are slower than rabbits & just as tasty!! Son LOVED shooting targets with his Bow & arrows last year, have fun!!!
Love the boy conversation!
Also- I love archery, so I think it is awesome your kids are learning!
Post a Comment