On the trip to Phoenix we made a stop in Coolidge to visit Casa Grande National Monument. Casa Grande is a ruin that was built by the Hohokam People 800 years or so ago. The kids loved how small some of the spaces were. Perfect for them to climb in and out of.
When we arrived in Phoenix, Dennis and the kids headed out to play mini-golf while I visited my good friend, Juniper.
Saturday, we packed up and headed to the airport to make the long journey home. We were planning on staying another night with auntie Mick and uncle Mel in Minneapolis and attending the Gopher v. Hawkeye wrestling duel, but with Eli being sick and with a big winter storm moving in we decided to head home and sleep in the comforts of our own beds.
It was a fantastic trip. I hope we can make it to the SW sometime again soon. Next time visiting Northern AZ and the Grand Canyon and all of Navajo Rez. along with Albuquerque and northern New Mexico or perhaps southern Utah... There's just too much to see and I love it all. Man, I can't wait until the kids can carry their own backpacks and we can do some backcountry camping. Soon.
2 comments:
Loved reading about your trip! So glad you guys had a wonderful time. I have not been to the SW, and would love to go.
Casa grande ruines seems really nice!!!
Post a Comment