Friday, February 11, 2011

Sewing With Sadie

I am constantly amazed by Sadie's independence and her desire to "do" and "make" and "create". She needed envelopes for her valentines. I got out the sewing machine. She's sewn before, just once, or maybe twice, so she had the idea. But this is the first time I let her drive. I moved the machine to her art center so she could reach the pedal, gave her the basics and let her go. And go she did. She didn't even ask for any help, she just sewed. She sewed 9 envelopes. All. By. Herself.




They say "I'm Stuck on You, Valentine!" because she made each of her friends a heart magnet made out of fuse beads. Yes, we've been working on Valentines since January! They turned out so cute and she was so proud of her work. She even picked out the colors according to whom she was making the heart for and we had to label each heart so we wouldn't give someone the wrong heart.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I guarantee she already sews better than I do... and my mom has been working with me for years! Those valentines were so cute!

Enigmama said...

That is pretty awesome. She did a great job!, I would love to have the heart craft instructions.

Josh and Rya said...

Oh my gosh, she is so adorable. And awesome!

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

What a big girl. That is so cool she's following in your footsteps.

tomandcheryl said...

Look at that tongue sticking out with the concentration. So cute!
~Cheryl