We left Pinetop on Monday morning and took our time driving to Tucson. To get to Tucson you must drive through the Salt River Canyon. It's a beautiful place and a twisty turny kind of a drive. Note: Since having children, my body just doesn't like twisty, turny mountain roads (or swings, or rocking chairs...). Actually now that I think about it, my body never really liked them, but I would only feel sick after 3 hours or so of bumpy, turny roads, now I just look at curvy roads and my head gets light and my belly starts to turn. I found that I'm better if I drive.
We made it to the the bottom of the canyon and found a place to pull off to throw rocks into the Salt River. Throwing rocks is a favorite past time for all of us. We could do it for hours.
Eli found a prickly pear, one of millions, that we saw on the trip. Here is touching one just to prove that he's tough like that!
Even Sadie found a prickly pear to pose by. One just cannot get enough of those prickly plants!
Ahhh, blue sky and it's not 15 below!! We enjoyed the sunshine as much as we could and tried to get a lot of the mood boosting Vitamin D that we were all missing. I think it worked, we were all in good spirits and I'm still feeling it 2 days after arriving home. oh yeah, the picture. This is a fun game called "mountain lion". Grrrrrr... Aren't they ferocious?
We arrived in Tucson in the early part of the afternoon and spent the rest of our day getting checked in at the hotel and checking out the swimming pool, but you'll have to wait until later to see those pictures.
1 comment:
sympa l'hotel!!
Post a Comment