I had great plans to post last night and got distracted so I'll post two today. I was going to post all about the Pharmacy School's big "Beat Michigan" chili cook-off, but wouldn't you know, the camera battery died. Argh. And the kids were being soooooo cute. They were dancing on the stage (it was in a classroom with a raised platform where the teacher stands to give the lecture) and it was pretty hilarious. Eli was head-banging and Sadie was doing her "raise the roof" stomp complete with two other cute little girls, one of which could have been Sadie's twin. Sorry I couldn't show you the pictures. But, Dennis and I sampled 20 different chili. We both liked the same one. We tasted some really good ones and some were pretty awful, too sweet, too vegetarian, to tomatoey, etc. I like a good, spicy traditional southwest chili with lots of cumin and fresh peppers. I'm not sure who won because we left way before the end, but I sure hope it was the "Wild West Chili Gang".
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Oops!
I had great plans to post last night and got distracted so I'll post two today. I was going to post all about the Pharmacy School's big "Beat Michigan" chili cook-off, but wouldn't you know, the camera battery died. Argh. And the kids were being soooooo cute. They were dancing on the stage (it was in a classroom with a raised platform where the teacher stands to give the lecture) and it was pretty hilarious. Eli was head-banging and Sadie was doing her "raise the roof" stomp complete with two other cute little girls, one of which could have been Sadie's twin. Sorry I couldn't show you the pictures. But, Dennis and I sampled 20 different chili. We both liked the same one. We tasted some really good ones and some were pretty awful, too sweet, too vegetarian, to tomatoey, etc. I like a good, spicy traditional southwest chili with lots of cumin and fresh peppers. I'm not sure who won because we left way before the end, but I sure hope it was the "Wild West Chili Gang".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment