I thought I'd take a little time to tell you more about Sadie and what she's been up to lately.*Talking, talking and talking some more, not that you would understand anything she says, but she certainly has a lot to say.
*The girl knows what she wants. Giving Sadie choices does not work, because what she wants is usually not one of the choices. A simple example, "Sadie, do you want an apple or a banana for snack." "Grapes!"
*Sadie is very very loud. This is a Zeman trait. She loves to scream.
*Sadie must bring 1,000 things to bed with her. Her monkey, her purse, her wallet, her flashlight, several books, her water, and whatever else she thinks she needs to survive the night. Lately, it's been sugar cubes (not the real ones, the ones I gave her for her birthday).
*Sadie loves to eat, almost everything and lots of it. She wants bananas when she is in the middle of a tantrum. And lollipops about all the rest of the time. She loves her m&ms as she gets those for her reward for peeing on the potty.
*Sadie is very active. She loves to run and jump and roll around and wrestle and go up and down the stairs. However, she is not very coordinated and trips often.
*Sadie calls all of us a moose. When we walk into a room she says, "Uh-oh. I hear a moose coming."
*Sadie always has her hands full. She has monkey in one arm and something else in her other hand, usually a purse or a wallet or something that her brother really wants that she doesn't want him to have. She wants to take all of it wherever we go. I usually can get her to leave it in the car with the exception of Monkey. Monkey goes everywhere and he's been left everywhere. Luckily, we've been able to track him down every time. Monkey is so dingey, I think people know that he is well loved.
*Sadie has been really into giving hugs lately. She hugs all of her mommy friends, her music teacher, the librarian Mr. Sam, and pretty much anyone else.
*Currently, her favorite book is David Goes to School. She reads it all by herself "No, Dabid. No pussing. No shubbing. No rubbing in da habs." Translation: No David. No pushing. No shoving. No running in the halls.
*Her favorite songs are: Oh, Susanna! The Farmer in the Dell, ABCs and It's A Great Big Sun.
1 comment:
I love reading, these. I feel like I really get to know your kids. I LOVE the "moose in the room". She has such a funny sense of humor.
Jennie
Post a Comment