Friday, June 29, 2012

So I Went and Got a Job...

With both kids starting school in the fall, I knew that I wanted to find some kind of work, but I also wanted to be able to get them to school, be home when they're done with school in the afternoon, and be able to spend some time in their classrooms. This seemed like an almost impossible wish list and I thought so too thinking that I'd end up subbing at Schoolcraft (which I still may end up doing in my spare time).

I will be working for an organization called Peacemaker Resources that focuses on teaching non-violent communication and social and emotional learning to teachers, parents and children. I will be going into a school 2 days a week and teaching about bullying, mindfulness (self-calming, etc.), and various non-violent communication tools to students. 

I feel like I have a lot to learn, but so far the learning has been very interesting and helpful in my own life. I hope I can pass these important life-skills to the students in a fun and interesting way. Wish me luck!  

2 comments:

MomMom said...

LUCK!!
What a great choice for you, I really think you will do a smashing job at this!

Josh and Rya said...

Wow, what a wonderful job! Congratulations!