Monday, July 09, 2012

Lake La Salle / Itasca

We did our first camping trip of the summer a couple of weeks ago at Lake La Salle recreation area. The area is currently closed after 80mph winds went through that area and all of Bemidji last week destroying property and ripping up trees. It was a quick camping trip, but we filled it with lots of swimming, bikeriding, fishing and canoeing and snorkeling....

I have to admit that my kids are not big lake swimmers because they hate the muck and the weeds. I don't blame them, I hate that too. They usually swim with their shoes on!

I think we're already on our 8th bag of marshmellows for the summer. Who can resist s'mores?


Lake LaSalle is a hop, skip and a jump to Itasca so we headed there for bit of river crossing, and tower climbing.


We ended our day by going to the locally famous Beceida Bar where the kids ate mini hotdogs and played pool.  It was a fun weekend and the weather was perfect!

2 comments:

Enigmama said...

Looks like a fun time! It's been too hot here for campfires, so not much smore making going on :( Hopefully soon though- I just bought a new pack!

MomMom said...

Lov the outdoor life on you all! The lakes look so pretty I miss them!