My dad and I drove across North Dakota on Friday to say good-by to my Auntie Barb who passed away last November. Barb loved lots of things but especially Betty Boop and beauty products of all kinds. My aunt loved to do me up all fancy when I was younger (and would let her) and we both thought I looked great. Looking back and after seeing some of the pictures of me from when Barb got her hands on me, I can say that I looked a little inappropriate (think Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver). Unfortunately by aunt also liked to party and it was the drinking that got her in the end.
My aunts and mom planned a very nice memorial service for her. They all wore green (Barb's favorite color) with Betty Boop on their sleeves.
 |
| Mom, Auntie Luci, Auntie Mel, Auntie Dorothy |
 |
All of my aunts and uncles: Mom, Don, Luci, Cal, Al, Les, Mel and Dorothy
|
1 comment:
So sorry for the loss, for all of you. Would love to see some of those dolled up Sharleen pics though :)
Post a Comment