Monday, February 22, 2010

Some Winter-y Things

A couple of weeks ago, Dennis spent the week in Rochester, MN at the Mayo clinic at a seminar. The kids and I joined Dennis on Thursday and we spent some time hanging out in the hotel swimming pool. Dennis has 2 UND college friends that live in Rochester with their families and one OSU friend. So, we got to play with all of them, until Eli woke up in the middle of the night with a 102 degree fever. We came home a bit early with a very miserable little boy.
Downtown Rochester was having a winter festival. There were ice sculptures everywhere. This one was in front of a jewelry store (and it was Valentines weekend). There was an ice bar that was serving drinks out of glasses made out of ice. Sadie looks a little less than thrilled, but she was sitting on a chair made of ice. I can't imagine that being too comfortable.Skip to this past Sunday, the National longtrack speed skating marathon was held on lake Bemidji. Seeing speedskaters going around and around on the ice wasn't all that thrilling, but we got to drive on the ice and park and watch from the inside of our car. Eli has been waiting to drive on the ice since he saw his first icehouse out on the lake. I don't think he was thrilled as he thought he would be.

By the way, it takes about an hour and a half to speedskate a marathon, if you're good. If you're not good, I suppose it could take all day!

2 comments:

Josh and Rya said...

I love ice sculptures! Troy and I saw some cool ones in Breckenridge one year.

Anonymous said...

What a BLAST!!!