None of Eli's and Sadie's friends made it into any of these shots. My kids tend to be a little bit slower than other kids. They love to linger when they're hanging outside and I didn't feel the need to rush them. I love that they could happily spend 30 minutes looking at chickens.
Thursday, August 07, 2008
A Trip to Slate Farm
Several weeks ago, the kids' playgroup met at a historical farm. I love Slate Farm. It's all so romantic: a summer kitchen, a smokehouse with brown-paper wrapped ham, a water pump, a wooden swing hanging from an old tree branch, a hay loft, and miles and miles of space (plus, volunteers get to wear bonnets). Things just seemed much simpler; no internet, cell-phones, cars, or hectic running around. It was just you, your family and work, lots of work. Do you think the women were lonely? I think I would get really lonely. I'm sure they were considering the nearest neighbors were miles away. Maybe they didn't have time to be lonely.
None of Eli's and Sadie's friends made it into any of these shots. My kids tend to be a little bit slower than other kids. They love to linger when they're hanging outside and I didn't feel the need to rush them. I love that they could happily spend 30 minutes looking at chickens.




None of Eli's and Sadie's friends made it into any of these shots. My kids tend to be a little bit slower than other kids. They love to linger when they're hanging outside and I didn't feel the need to rush them. I love that they could happily spend 30 minutes looking at chickens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great pics! Love Sades & The swing. Your comment made me have to go back and look. Eli & Sadie made it into 90% of Jacksons pics LOL
Post a Comment