Sunday, August 17, 2008

Eli's Birthday Party

Eli had his best friends over for a backyard picnic "bug themed" birthday party. I had some games prepared: pin-the-antennae-on-the-butterfly, drop the bugs in the jar and a bug hunt, but it seems that 3 year olds just want to run around and play trucks. But, for some reason I didn't get any pictures of that.
Eli loved his birthday cake about as much as he loved having all of his friends sing him Happy Birthday.


Our talented neighbor made Eli's caterpillar pinata. It was almost too cute to hit. Almost. Sadie would hit the pinata and then laugh hysterically, I wish I would have had the video on.

Finally, Dennis had to step in and give the caterpillar one final whack. Then, all the kids went running. It's amazing how the people who are in these pictures are the same people that have been in all of Eli's birthday pictures. I guess the parties I throw must not be so bad if they keep coming back!! Seriously, we have made some really great friends here in Columbus and they have helped create many wonderful memories. Thanks to everyone who came to Eli's party, sent gifts from afar, called, or sent silly e-cards. Eli loved every minute of today!

No comments: