Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Ropes Course Challenge!

Before I went back to work, the teachers received a letter from our director telling us that the first day of workshops was a "mystery" and that we should bring lots of water, wear clothes that you can move in that you're not afraid to get dirty in, and to wear good solid shoes. No one knew what we were in for that morning as we boarded a chartered bus. We drove about an hour until we arrived to a location near Park Rapids and read a sign outside that said "Character Challenge Course". We were in for a day of team building at a ropes course and it was a blast!! It was 95 degrees that day so we were all hot messes by the end of the day, but we all laughed so hard, grew as a staff and learned so much about ourselves.
Starting the morning with a word that describes us mine was cheerleader as I tend to be the encourager of the group!

The Flying Squirrel: what you can't see is that my co-workers had to run to get me into the air.

 

The Leap of Faith: At the top of the pole, I had to state my goals for the year. Then you made the leap and tried to grab the trapeze bar...

I said "try" because while I had the bar in my grasp it was really slippery and my palms were really sweaty.

 

Stacy and I leaning on each other and trying to hold each other up.

Can you trust a spotter that smiles like that?

I laughed so hard on this exercise that I almost peed my pants. We had to balance across the ropes to get the whole team across. We really had to hold each other up!

Lunch break! Did I mention it was 95 degrees?

The afternoon was spent doing a high ropes course.

And the finale: a zip to the finish line!

2 comments:

allanya said...

Wow, what an adventure, I don't see doing that with my coworkers. Yeah on the new camera!

MomMom said...

AMAZING!!!!! So you!!