Friday, August 30, 2013

End of Summer

I hardly took any pictures this summer. Mostly because I was frustrated with my camera. It took horrible pictures and a big majority of them ended up blurry so then I just stopped taking pictures. For instance, those cute flower girl pictures of Sadie were all taken by somebody else. Eli's birthday photos were taken by my mom because on that day my camera refused to work at all. So after everyone headed out after Eli's party I began my internet search for a new camera. I'm usually a hemm-er and a haw-er about these sorts of things and I usually take days to make a decision but I found the one I wanted, it got good reviews, would fit in my purse and works well in low-light and captures moving objects (2 of my big must-haves). So, after several hours of research I hit buy and haven't looked back! I decided on a Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100. I've taken more pictures in the last week than I have all year!! It took me awhile to get the hang of it, but I'm getting better pictures already. So, I hope you all are excited for the blog to pick back up a little bit. :)
 
Here are some of my practice shots and highlights of the week:
 




Funny note about this picture: after Eli looked at all of his pictures he asked, "Can't you get any shots that don't show my ribs?" I said, "Put on a shirt."

Funny note about this picture: after Sadie looked at all of her pictures she asked, "Is my hair really that messy?" Hmm... these are things I've been telling her all summer!!

Missing her two front teeth!!


 





2 comments:

Tom and Cheryl said...

Holy cow! Look at Sadie! What a girl!!!!

~Cheryl

MomMom said...

YAY! Love a blog that picks up!! Great pictures!!! Great subjects :)