Sadie's BFF from school has very long princess hair that Sadie has admired from day 1. As Sadie's hair has gotten longer, we've gotten a bit more creative with her hair than just doing a basic french braid, 2 braids or a pony. Thank goodness for youtube videos and for the fact that braids are all the rage right now, because I wouldn't be able to do any of these without it. My general requirement is that they don't take more than 5 minutes to do after combing out beacause that can take forever! Here are some of the highlights:
Two-strand crown to a twisty side braid:
Pretzel knotted buns:
Two braids, pretzel crossed in the back:
Single french braid, low and to the side:
Braided bun pony:
Side fishtail braid:
Waterfall braid to pony:
I'll post more pics as we continue to play with her hair. Her hair, while in the mid-back still needs to grow about 2-3 more inches for me to do all of the things that I want to do with her hair. She loves getting her hair done up and loves getting compliments from strangers.
9 comments:
I am IMPRESSED! Jillian and I might have to come over for some lessons! (:
That is so awesome and I'm going to have to learn some!
Great job! My fav is the braided bun pony.
I was just telling the dance moms that I need to check out the youtube videos. I can't figure them out on my own.
~Cheryl
I'm jealous. I can't braid even with the help of YouTube.
Oh and I can NOT BELIEVE how long Sadie's hair is! That is crazy!
~Cheryl
That post officially made more jealous of having a girl than any other post in the history of blogs!
Very fun! My favorites are the braided bun pony and waterfall one.
fishtails, what a nightmare to do!! You are bringing me straight back to the 80's when we did all these in the shop! Love how long Sadies hair is, so fun for playing! Good goin mama!!!!!!
Post a Comment