A picnic, girl talk, skipping and laughing were had. What a spectacular day, one to treasure!
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Sadie and Mom Date: Itasca State Park
We never made it on our annual trek to walk across the Mississippi while school was out. So, before Sadie started pre-school and while the temperature was still in the 80's we had a Sadie and mom date and headed to Itasca State Park for the day.
Sadie didn't just cross the Mississippi once. No, she crossed about 30 times.

Sadie was bound and determined to touch this duck. The duck would have none of it though and swam away as soon as she made it to this rock.
We also saw Minnesota's largest white pine and did a short hike to see what used to be Minnesota's largest red pine until a storm blew it over! We also hiked to the top of the fire tower.
A picnic, girl talk, skipping and laughing were had. What a spectacular day, one to treasure!
The leaves were already starting to change and now, a week later, it feels like fall. Good-bye summer, hello fall! We welcome you as long as it doesn't get too cold!
A picnic, girl talk, skipping and laughing were had. What a spectacular day, one to treasure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh my goodness, she is the quintessential little girl in these pics! I love it.
I would love to come and walk across the Mississippi with you! I swam in it when we lived in Iowa.
I love the mom & Sadie date. Looks like a perfect day.
ooooooooooh, its so exciting to see whats coming for me & Lola!! I love your record of girl time. I always think of the Indigo Girls whan I think of the Mighty Miss :))
Yeah for Mom dates. In the 2nd pic she looks so much like you, the way she's standing. Fall has arrived here too, brrr.
Post a Comment