Thursday, September 01, 2011

The Golden Egg

We've been eagerly checking for eggs everyday now since the end of July. Imagine the excitement when we found our first lovely green colored egg this morning? It felt like Christmas!

It occurred to me that you probably haven't seen "the ladies," as they're lovingly referred, in quite awhile. Look at how beautiful they are. Now which one laid the egg? We have no idea, but we have our guesses. We're thinking either Mable or Penelope. From the all white chicken in the front clockwise: Annie, Penelope, Mable, and Brownie.
Woot for town-fresh eggs!!

7 comments:

allanya said...

Green eggs and ham? When did you change your blog title? My feed still says Big Boy Eli...

tomandcheryl said...

So awesome! Love the pics of the kids too!
~Cheryl

GramZ said...

I suppose you will have to scramble the egg so everyone can have a taste.

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

I bet it tasted yummy! So excited for you all!

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

We found 2 more eggs yesterday for 3 total, but Eli and Sadie are waiting for 4 eggs before we eat them. I guess it needs to be fair. We've checked about 8 times already today. A watched chick doesn't lay...

~heather~ said...

Hooray for eggs! I hope you see more soon.

MomMom said...

Cant beleieve how big the chicks are LOL what will you make 1st????