I know I've said this about 100 times, but this spring has been amazing. I think it's been warmer the past three days than it was all last summer. We spent the day yesterday at Itasca State park (which is the headwaters of the Mississippi River) with Uncle Greg, Aunt Michele and Cousin Ben. It was a glorious day, temp was about 67, no wind, sun shining, absolutely perfect...

When you're there, you must walk across the river. I mean, how many people can say that they've walked across the Mississippi River? I started off taking both kids across at the same time which turned out to be a really bad idea, so I brought Sadie back on the beach and brought Eli across first.

We made it across the river the first time with no problem. Our feet got a little cold in the frigid water, but we made it.

But, the second time... Well, this picture was taken right before Eli slipped and got wet. He started to cry and wanted to be carried, so I picked him up and lost my balance and fell in too. We didn't get too wet, but it was kind of funny!

Sadie just wanted to be carried across, which was ok with me. She ended up falling in later when she was just playing on the rocks collecting snail shells. So the three of us got wet while Dennis managed to stay quite dry (he didn't even take his shoes off!). We had a picnic, did a little walking and the kids did a little bike riding all while catching up with Greg and Michele (who is 38 1/2 weeks pregnant!). It was an awesome day.
2 comments:
I love all your outdoor adventures- they are inspiring!
Looks like so much fun.
Post a Comment