Thursday, November 08, 2007

Sadie's One Year Check-Up

My big girl has become average. She's just over 21 pounds and is 29 1/2" tall which are both in the fiftieth percentile, which is down from the seventy-fifth percentile that she's been at all of her previous check-ups. I guess all of that walking can slim a girl down pretty quick even when you're still eating like a heavyweight. Eli weighed 1/2 pound less and was the same height at his one year appt. Sadie's hair is becoming long and it's starting to curl up a bit. I have a feeling her hair is going to stay dark like her daddy's. Sadie and Eli are starting to look more and more like each other.


Other new Sadie milestones:
*Can climb up the ladder on the slide, sit down and slide down the slide all by herself!


*Says: mommy, daddy, up, peek-a-boo, puppy, thank you, balloon, pumpkin, baby, shoes, grandpa/grandma and done


*can walk up and down hill (but only if it's a gradual slope)


*can fit about 15 Goldfish crackers in her mouth at one time


*can drink 4oz. of milk in about 30 seconds

Grandma and Grandpa took us to Schmidt's Sausage Haus in German Village while they were here visiting. Sadie decided to hang out while we were there. By the way, Sadie LOVES sausage. I asked Eli what he wanted to eat. He told me he wanted ice and that's exactly what he ate mixed in with some raisins.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Sadie and Eli are looking so much more alike! I was noticing that in the last post.

I can't believe Sadie can climb the ladder on the slide and go down all by herself. Gabriella still won't do that. That little girl of yours is fearless!

Confucius said...

So that's what you do with Sadie when you go out to eat! Great idea! We're going to use that with Alexey.

By the way, Dan and Sharyn have started their blog for their daughter Livia, and I think my brother's outgunning us here, Sharleen. Check out the sophistication at:

http://www.liviajoy.blogspot.com/

And keep the super adorable pics coming!