Happy Birthday pancakes! I think she's still waking up.

Opening a few gifts before the party! It actually took Sadie a while to realize that there was actually a gift. She thought it was fun to play with the newspaper that came in the boxes. Then, she would put the wrapped gifts back in the box, then take them out, then put them in. We could hardly stand it (by "we" I mean "I", I hate not knowing what's inside a wrapped present. )we just had to show her how it was done. Thanks for the Wedgits Alexey, Gabriella, Robert and Michelle! They taste delicious.

Auntie Mia sent shoes. Sadie loves shoes, not necessarily to wear, but she carries them around the house and chews on them like a puppy. Don't worry. I put these in a safe place so she couldn't eat them.

We had a big birthday/Halloween party in Sadie's honor at our neighborhood Community Center. I guess being born three days before Halloween means that every single party from now on will be Halloween themed. I really like that idea. It makes things much easier for me. Sadie went as a black cat which was also the theme of the party. I can't wait until the princess themed party comes around. (short daydream about glitter and tiaras...)

Dennis and I went as Peace Corps Volunteers and Eli went as a first grader! (He refused to wear his monkey costume and I was too tired to argue.)

I take almost no credit for the cake. Grandma did most of it.

According to Sadie, it was delicious.



There was even a black cat pinata filled with lots of Halloween loot.

Eli with The Man With the Yellow Hat (who just happened to win "Best Halloween Costume")

The day after: cake hangover! Sadie was so exhausted, but there were still lots of presents to open. Note to self: next time you invite 60 of your closest friends to your child's first birthday party and put "No Gifts, Please" in the invitation, highlight and bold the "No gifts" part and skip the please! Who was I kidding? Of course people are going to bring gifts to a little girls birthday party. And yes, she is wearing Santa pajamas.

If you want to see more pictures of the birthday party, check them out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment