Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Fall Is Finally Here!

Last week was the week of falls in our family. On Thursday, Eli was being a monkey and jumped off the couch. He landed funny and instantly grabbed his foot and continued to cry for a good 45 minutes. Nothing could get him to settle down. I tried juice. I tried a lollipop. Finally, I had to get out the big guns--black olives-- to calm him down. It worked like a charm, but still his foot hurt. By the end of the day he was hobbling around, but did not want to go too far even after his friends came home from school and were running around and playing. I knew it must have hurt pretty bad. The next morning he refused to walk on it so we went to the Emergency Room. I highly recommend going to the emergency room at 8am as it is very peaceful and quiet and you can still smell the chemicals lingering from a good cleaning. We were seen right away and had a very quick visit. No bones were broken in the incident. But, even today he continues to limp and whimper whenever you touch that foot. So, it must be a pretty bad sprain. Poor guy.
On Saturday Sadie took her first really big tumble onto the cement. You know the kind, the tumble that you see but can't catch, then you hear the loud thunk that can only be made by a head hitting the cement, then you cringe and run as you hear the great big screams. I think it will probably be the first of many bruises for Sadie!
Here's a shot of her forehead.


Eli decided to take a picture of Sadie and me. I think we shall call it "Ode to knees". Isn't it artsy. I love the way the bottom of the picture is shaded. A technique called, "finger in front of the lens."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I saw that picture of Sadie, I thought it was Eli. They look like twins!! I love it!! Oh, and thanks for the camera tip. We miss you.
Josh, Rya, Troy, and Brenda