Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Eli's 8th Birthday!

 It's hard to believe that this guy has been with us for 8 years! Where did the time go? He was thrilled for his birthday. All he wanted and would ask for over and over and over again for a hamster.  I was not thrilled with this idea, but here he is holding a hamster, so I guess you can see that I was out voted! He named this cute little dwarf hamster Gromit. And enjoys the little guy once he's out of the cage and not biting. Believe me, he cuts skin with those cute little teeth!
 Eli wanted a campout birthday party with his friends. So we set up a couple of tents and tol Nile, Zoe, Abel and Noah to bring their sleeping bags and come for a party. Plus, Sadie's friend Haven and Reid, Anissa and Bennett came over for a little while.
We ate camp food: hot dogs, corn on the cob and root beer...

Did a little archery (in a hot pink witch costume even!), went on a treasure hunt for flashlights and Frisbees...
And ate cake, of course!
Happy birthday, Eli. We are so proud of the person you are and we love you more every day!
 


4 comments:

Tom and Cheryl said...

Oh my Gosh! Great party. Love the cake. Did you make it? Is that out door bar area that the kids are sitting at at your house? That is so cool.

~Cheryl

Enigmama said...

Happy Birthday Eli! I love the cake. Also wanted to ask about his bow/arrow set. I want to get a kid one for Charlie for his bday and that one looked pretty solid.

MomMom said...

Oh I wish I could have been there, it looks crazy fun & he looks so OLD!! Miss you all

allanya said...

Great party and cake! Happy 8th Birthday Eli!