One day I was thinking about how fast time goes and that Dennis and I have about 8 more summers with the kids before they have jobs and sports and don't want to go with us anywhere anymore. Considering that we only take 1 big vacation a year, well, you can do the math. Dennis and I decided we needed to write up a family vacation bucketlist. One of the things that made the list was "taking the train somewhere" and another item on the list was "Glacier National Park". We got to cross two things off of our bucketlist!! Woot for checking things off the list-- I love that feeling!
My cousin got married in Western North Dakota so we decided to hop on the train from there because a) it was cheaper and we were already there and b) it was only an eight hour train ride during the day. We looked into sleeper cars and those suckers are expensive. We could have traveled by plane to a remote island in the Pacific for the price they want for sleeper cars. This way, we got the train experience with some affordability.
The train ride was great. The seats are roomy. The kids could move around freely, go to the bathroom, and play games without too much restriction. We even ate in the dining car, but we were disappointed in the quality considering the price. But, we wanted the experience... and it was a great experience.
 |
| I hear the train a'comin... |
 |
| We boarded the train in Williston, ND |
 |
| Ready to board! |
 |
| This is called " My mom wouldn't let me bring my ipod because I had to experience the train." |
 |
| Sitting in the club car enjoying the view! |
 |
| Just entering the park... |
 |
| "Look!" |
We left Williston around 11:00am and arrived in West Glacier around 9:00pm. We had a shuttle van meet us and take us to our campground. I'll tell you more about the vacation later.... Stay tuned.
3 comments:
Oh that looks so fun! I have dreams about a train trip too!
Awesome! Great idea on the bucket list, but I see plenty of grown kids with their parents on vacation.
I love the "mom wouldn't let me bring my ipod" photo. We just had to get Luke's fixed in prep for our big trip.
Post a Comment