Wednesday, June 26, 2013

French Camp

Sadie went to French Day Camp at Concordia Language Village. They do all of the usual camp things: games, songs, arts and crafts, etc. only they do them all in French with the counselors only speaking in French (and lots and lots of dramatic movements and hand signs) the whole time. The counselors also only speak in French to the adults who come to pick their children up. I just smile and nod, smile and nod because I have no idea what they are saying!! Sadie says the best part of French camp was "all of it."
These pictures were taken at the end of camp at the performance. All campers in all of the villages get a wooden nametag that they wear every day. Sadie's French name was Cecile.
Why is she waving the Belgian flag? Their presentation was about francophone countries and they speak French in Belgium.
Here are some of the campers singing the "Lac du Bois" song.

4 comments:

Tom and Cheryl said...

WOW! Did she learn so much! I would have smiled and nodded too. I never took French!

~Cheryl

allanya said...

I was just telling someone about those language camps, glad she had fun!

Mia Hartvikson said...

Sharleen! You should speak a little french!?!?! Isn't that the class you had with Dennis in college? Oui!

phdmommy said...

Go Sadie! I took 4 years of French and lived in Canada and would have been nodding and smiling, too.