The annual family reunion took place at the end of July in lovely Park Rapids, MN. In honor of the start of the Olympics, we held our own version of the Olympics-- The Sperlympics with all sorts of crazy events that are highlighted here. Of course there were lots of other activities not pictured: the eating marathon, water volleyball, Olympic viewing, tubing/skiing/wake-boarding, floating dock diving, bubble blowing/popping, etc.
The newest entry to the Sperlympics this year was Giant Jenga. The Sperlympic committee did not make any rules regarding proper Giant Jenga attire so bikinis and short-shorts were worn. We do not recommend this. Hard hats and steel-toed boots are a must!
| Kristen gives Giant Jenga a try. |
| Ben concentrating.... |
| Yes, it got so high that the kids had to stand on a stool! Gabe worked the hardest of everyone. |
The next event was ladder golf... I'm not sure who won, but it wasnt' us.
Swim break. This would be a great time to tell you about an event that we took gold in: the clam shell find. We found like 76 in 5 minutes. Shiya!
Receiving our medals for the clam shell find. I love the cooler podium.
| Maddy, Sadie, Eli and Cole |
Corn hole! It got to be a long and hot and ferocious competition. Again, an event we did not win.
| Michele, Carl, Sadie, Gabe, Eli |
| Dennis and Sam |
A must have event at any Sperle get-together is Shoe Kick. I think we took third in this event! Woot for the bronze.
The 5K. You will notice that I'm in this picture. I did not run as I think running is from the devil. Jaime and I walked...
| Duane |
| Dennis and Kyle |
| Mick crossing the finish line |
| Jack patiently waiting for the finishers. There was a half hour between the running finishers and the walking finishers. Ahem. |
The kids 1K (or so)...
Again, no Sperle event is complete without a game of Ninja.
| Mel, Sam, Eli, Gabe, Sadie |
We did take the gold in Ninja too, because Eli is just an awesome Ninja player and I believe that Ashley felt bad for our family's medal count!
| Ashley, Eli and Andrew |
The frozen t-shirt contest, which I, embarrassingly, kept calling the wet t-shirt contest. This, by the way, is way harder than one would think. I think all of the participants fingers were beyond numb by the end.
| Andrew and Mel |
We took gold by the way.
Water balloon toss.
Water relay. The goal was to fill the liter bottle. Some teams prefered to soak the person who was holding the bottle. Sadie was a great sport and let us pour water on her head.
| Mike, Sadie, Maddy, Cole and Grace |
The official score board:
It was an awesome weekend. Thanks Greg and Michele for hosting once again. Thanks Emily for being the Sperlympic Commissioner.
2 comments:
WISH I WERE A SPERLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, that looks like so much fun!!!
Post a Comment