Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Couple of Cute Chicks!

It's chick season and we decided to add to our brood. Chicks are always a delight and watching them grow is amazing as it seems they double in size over night. We'd like to introduce you to Reddy (named by Sadie. We have a Brownie, afterall.) And Louise, named by me in honor of one our favorite book characters Minerva Louise. It's hard to tell them apart, I know, but a mama always knows her babies. Louise is darker with more black and Reddy is larger.

These two little girls are Rhode Island Reds, a hearty, well-laying breed.

I think they will get along just fine with the other girls, but only time will tell if they officially get along without too much hen-pecking!

4 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

Oh my gosh!!! SO CUTE!!!!
~Cheryl

allanya said...

So sweet!

Enigmama said...

They are super cute! Yay for more chickens!

MomMom said...

are these eaters or layers? if layers, are you selling/eating/giving?
While I would hate the farm life, it looks like so much fun for kids!! Seems like all you need now is Whitey... ;)