Friday, May 06, 2011
Soccer
This year, spring soccer is being held after school at the schools. Eli and Sadie decided to join and what a difference a year makes. Last year, it was torture getting either of them to participate and I had some not-so-proud-of mommy moments. Sadie didn't want to play the first day, but as soon as she got to know her coach, she has been unstoppable on the field. I have discovered that it is better for the kids if I stay and watch from a distance. I was worried that Eli wouldn't want to play after discovering that Zoe and Ryan, his two best buds, weren't on his team. It didn't matter. He is out there running around and having a great time. His confidence and independence has come a long way in the past year!

The kids are grouped according to age. The 4 year olds do more drills and silly games than actually play soccer but they're learning lots of gross motor skills and following directions types of things. The coach is totally awesome and is age appropriate with them. Sadie happily participates! She's actually turning into more of an athlete than I thought she would be. 
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a difference a year makes inded!!! tHEY BOTH SEEM TO BE GROWING UP SO FAST NOW!! Whoops, Love her braids!
I love how Eli's best buds are Zoe and Ryan! :)
I'm so glad to hear they are loving soccer!
Heather, that is funny isn't it?!
Post a Comment