Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sadie's Last Day of School

I realized this week that I hadn't posted any pictures of Sadie at her pre-school. Like Eli, she attended Enchanted Garden, a Waldorf inspired school at Frances' house. She very much so loved going to Frances' and it is a wonderful place for kids to grow and explore our world in a natural and peaceful setting. At Frances', Sadie :
Plays musical insturments, like drums, sticks, bells, violins, harps and cellos.



Made soup each week as well as pizza, bread, hot cross buns, muffins, and porridge.



Had many tea parties,


Did numerous crafty things like sewing and finger knitting,
and candle making.


They (Aaron, Elizabeth, Leanna, Luis, and Sadie) planted flowers,

played outside everyday (even when it was 10 and 15 below!),
Celebrated holidays, the seasons and the passing of time,

She colored and painted and designed silk scarves.
They played with scarves with so many ways, here they used them for blankies, but they dance with them, and hop on them and use them for wings and do all sorts of imaginative things with them. Scarves are more awesome than I thought.
What a wonderful year!!

3 comments:

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

Sounds like such a fantastic opportunity and learning environment!

~heather~ said...

It looks like so much fun! I'm glad she had such a good year!

phdmommy said...

Those are some awesome crafts!