Spring seems to be finally peeking it's head around the corner which means our seasonal swimming at Ruttger's is coming to an end very soon (in the summer we just go to the beach). I can't believe how much the kids have improved in their swimming abilities, Sadie especially. For the life of me, I couldn't get Sadie to be brave enough to attempt swimming. Then, one day, Sadie was wearing her water wings and jumping in and swimming to the edge. She did this for about an hour, then she took her water wings off and warmed up in the hot tub. Totally forgetting that she didn't have her water wings on, she made a run for the pool and jumped in. She came up for air and started to tread water saying, "Mom, I don't have my water wings on and I can't swim." I said, "Sadie, you're swimming right now." From that moment on she's been swimming. When we were on our Arizona trip, both kids seemed to improve drastically, but it helped that they could touch. At Ruttger's both kids are still too short to touch unless they're right at the side so it makes swimming across the pool a little more scary, but now Eli can swim across and back!
I couldn't leave Eli out:
2 comments:
Holy COW!!! Go Sadie, girl!
~Cheryl
I so get 2nd mentality now. Lola is SURE she can do anything the boys can. With sadie so close in age to Eli & his friends, she actually CAN!!
Go Sadie!
Post a Comment