Sunday, December 26, 2010

Happy Indulgences!!

Merry Christmas!! Dennis was on call and had to work so we spent Christmas in Bemidji. My brother and his family and my mom and dad celebrated with us. We are usually traveling for the holidays so it was nice to be in our own house and our beds. But, the traveling is coming as we'll be heading to see Dennis' family next week!
This picture was actually taken a couple of weeks ago before Anissa's baptism. But, with church going late on Christmas Eve and then me deciding to make swedish meatballs for supper and after cleaning up, the kids just could hardly wait any longer for us to take photos too.Sadie got her much desired pillow pet.
Reid had way too much fun running around and playing with Eli's toys to open any presents for himself. Reid, by the way, is Mr. Chatterbox. For being 2 and a boy, that kid can talk your ear off. And he's funny!

I like this picture of my dad and Anissa because it reminds me so much of another picture I have when Sadie was that age.Sadie got these Tinkerbell PJs and she loves them. She loves them so much that she took off her Christmas dress right in the living room in front of everyone and put them on. Gosh, it's great to be 4!!
The kids posing in their requested made-by-mom bathrobes, which are much too big for them. They loved them too!
Santa came in the morning and brought the kids new bikes. They are very sad that it is cold and snowy and can't try them out. I did get a picture of Eli on his bike too, but it was really blurry.Santa also brought Eli some new HotWheels, SnapCircuits, a movie and a jumprope.

Santa brought Sadie this awesome "Sadie" hat and a huge candy cane.
Eli is also now the proud owner of an air hockey game. Dennis got his chainsaw and underwear. I got a new apron, wool socks and some wool clogs.

I had a great time hosting my first Christmas. The food was pretty good, if I do say so myself. We ate too much and the kids were spoiled by everyone. We didn't play any cards though, I guess I'll have to wait until I'm in Napoleon to play May-I!!! I truly am blessed with a wonderful family!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We in Napoleon missed you guys, but I'm secretly glad that you're coming later so I don't have to share your kids with my big competition (and perpetual winners), Emily and Ashley!

Paula

tomandcheryl said...

Isn't it wonderful to stay home for Christmas! It's our favorite new tradition!
I can't believe you made those robes! They are awesome!
I hop you guys had a very Merry Christmas and have a very happy and safe New Year!
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Love the robes, love the pics!!!
A

~heather~ said...

I love those robes! Way to go mom.
I love Sadie in her new pj's too.
Looks like you had a great Christmas at home!