Eli's K1 picture. He selected the outfit.
I can't believe that Eli has been in school for almost 2 months now. His life has changed so much. You all know how much I hemmed and hawed about sending Eli to K1 instead of Kindergarten, well, I can say now that it was the best decision ever. He has matured so much and he is taking risks in ways that he never has before. He has found some independence and he likes it. And the good thing is that he can make all of these emotional milestones without having to worry about academics. Next year, he's going to rock kindergarten because emotionally and socially he'll be ready.
So, here's some of his huge HUGE milestones. First, he told me that he wanted to ride the bus. We arranged it so I drop Eli off at school and that he would ride the bus home (with Zoe whom I watch until her mom gets her after work). Second, he decided that he was too big to have his mom walk him to his classroom. I drop him off in front of the school and he walks to his classroom by himself! He has also decided that he can go to the restroom in public by himself. (I really monitor this though, because I still don't like him going into the men's bathroom without Dennis. Way too many weirdos.) I could go on and on and on. Truly, he's like a different kid. Not that all of the changes have been good. He has had lots of breakdowns at home. The whining is pretty amazing. Tattling and saying "I'm not going to be your friend" are all new. So, there have been ups and downs but mostly ups. And luckily, none of the downs have been at school, only at home in the safety of his mom's watch! I can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store.
5 comments:
awesome!!:-)
Oh my, he looks so OLD!!!
so glad you are getting pos feedback feeling about your choice. go Eli, Go!!
He is so beautiful, Sharleen! Always has been... So glad to hear that he is doing so well..
Rya is the youngest in her class of 17. Half of them turn 6 this month(she's 4 wks older than Eli). But she seems to be coming along. A K1 option would have been great for her, but they don't have that here. We gotta get our kids together!
Sharleen-That all sounds awesome! I'm thrilled you are so comfortable with your decision. Eli sounds like he is doing so well. It is amazing the changes in just 2 months!
Post a Comment