We've all had them on us multiple times. Once Sadie and Dennis came back from a walk so covered in them that they both had to strip down to their undies just to find them all and to pick them all off of their clothes. Sadie, in particular, has has multiple in her hair embedded in her scalp. So, now it's nightly tick checks before bed!
I did learn an interesting little tidbit about wood ticks that I thought I'd share with you. This is a method for determining if a wood tick is a girl or a boy (not that it matters, they're still gross and they both suck your blood), but the kids enjoy figuring it out.
This wood tick is a male:

Can you see the white stripes going down it's back? Those are his suspenders.
This wood tick is a female:
The white ring around her neck is her necklace.
Cool little factoid I thought you'd all just love to know!!
6 comments:
Well, now you successfully talked me out of visiting you. Happy?
Well I think I am officially grossed out now. Thanks. :)
Yuck but fascinating at the same time.
Brenda, don't worry, the wood ticks will settle down in the next few weeks. We didn't have a wood tick at all last summer and we came in July! So, maybe July would be a good time to visit!
BLAH!!! I HATE TICKS!!! Now I'm going to be thinking about them all day long!!!
This is awesome! I just had a tick conversation with Isabel two days ago. She is on the opposite end of the spectrum. City girl. We do go to parks, but she is FREAKED out by all bugs. She liked them until she was about 4 - and then for some reason everything changed. She was screaming like someone cut off her legs the other day because there was a fly in the house. Phobia anyone?
Post a Comment