We started our trip in Lewisburg, PA visiting our great friends the Rosenbergs. We love to visit the Rosenbergs. Our kids are the same ages, the food is wonderful and the company the best ever. I hope they come and visit us when we're in MN!
Somehow, Dennis convinced me to go to NYC and I'm so glad we went. Dennis drove right into town and found us an awesome parking place. We had a busy day in Times Square:

At Rockefeller Center:
Playing the piano at FAO Schwartz:
Eating a frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's:
Playing at Central Park with Chuck (while Sadie napped):
Riding in a taxi:
At the Empire State Building:
And riding the ferry to the Statue of Liberty:
Then, we headed out of town and stayed in Bennington, Vermont:
The following day we drove to Hampton, NH and the kids got to see the Atlantic Ocean for the first time:
The weather was cold and the water was colder, but the kids had fun anyways. I got to eat my first Lobster Roll and I found my first sea glass:
Then we headed back through northern New Hampshire and into Vermont. We toured the Ben and Jerry's factory:
And camped several nights along the way, including a night on an island on Lake Champlain in Burlington, VT:
In Burlington, we also toured Shelburne farm which was built by the Vanderbilt's:
Sadie collected eggs and managed to pull one right from under a chicken. She was tickled pink:
We rode the ferry, car and all across Lake Champlain and went through the Adirondacks in upstate NY. We stopped at this not-very child proofed gorge with beautiful views of waterfalls. I was beautiful, but I was a wreck. There's something about kids overlooking a plunging waterfall with nothing keeping them back but chicken wire and plastic ties that puts a mom on edge:
We took in a beautiful hike:
Then we drove to Buffalo to see aunt Pat. She just moved into a new apartment and I'm sure her neighbors were excited to have two young screaming kids in their midst. On the last day of our trip, we visited Niagara Falls on the Maid of the Mist and got very very wet:
And spent the rest of the day at Niagara Falls State Park enjoying the falls:
2 comments:
That looks like an awesome trip. I loved Niagra Falls. I want to take my kids there so badly.
~Cheryl
Wow, looks like you guys did a lot! I'm so glad the kids travelled so well for you! I'm not sure mine would be as great.. It sounds like a fantastic trip!
Post a Comment