Thursday, October 09, 2008

Eli's School

Eli started pre-school in September. Eli is in the Panda class at Holy Trinity Lutheran Pre-School about 10 minutes away in Upper Arlington. He goes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-11:30. There are 12 students in his class: 5 boys and 7 girls. I haven't posted anything about it because Eli hasn't been a very happy camper when I take him to school. He has cried every day on the way to school. He cried walking up the stairs. He cried until I said "Good-bye". Then, as soon as I would walk out the door he was fine. (I know this because, like every good mother, I spied in the windows). Everytime I pick him up from school he tells me how much he loved school and how much he loves his teachers and he would be all smiles. Until today. Today was different. Today was a tear-free day. No sobbing. No "I don't want you to leave". Nothing. Just a little boy who wanted to go school and was ok with his mom and sister dropping him off. I picked him up from school and he was still happy. I felt so relieved. He was very brave and I am very proud of him. We are going to celebrate tonight by going to Chuck E. Cheese. Yahoo!!!!!!!
He finally let me take a picture of him with his backpack on. Eli and his "best teachers in the whole wide world" Miss Molly and Miss Lucy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go ELI!!!! What a brave boy to go to school without tears. That's awesome news. Sharleen, you must be feeling relieved.

~heather~ said...

Awesome job Eli! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

How's his zoology class going?

Paula