Friday, September 26, 2008

Sorry For the Delay, Saying Good-bye and Lorikeets

It's been too long since you've seen Mr. Eli and Little Miss Sadie. For that I do apologize. Things have been a little bit crazy around here including lack of electricity and no internet connection for ten days. So, I do have an excuse. (Ok, I missed the electricity thing as I was in North Dakota, but I did come home to an empty fridge.) Eli started school after we got back from our trip to North Dakota. I'd love to show you pictures except I just don't have any. Eli has not enjoyed the dropping off process very much, so it's been hard to peel him off my leg let alone get a good picture of him enjoying it! He enjoys it once I leave as he tells me "I had fun today!", but you would never know that by the sobbing I hear as I'm leaving the classroom. He is getting better. He said the other night, "Good-night, Mom. I love you. Good- night Miss Molly and Miss Lucy." So, I guess he likes his teachers a little bit.
On a much sadder note, Eli and Sadie's great-grandpa passed away on Thursday, September 18. Grandpa was a fiesty, loveable "fat-man" and I'm sure going to miss him. Here's a picture of grandpa meeting his great-grandson.
It was a fabulous day for the zoo. I've shown you thousands of pictures from the zoo, but I'm pretty sure none of them are of lorikeets:

1 comment:

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

Sharleen and family,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

We just visited the loirkeets this week too. Jennie laughed when they landed on me. She didn't want to hold the cup, though.

Jennie