Friday, September 16, 2005

Couch Potato


Hanging Out!


Sleeping beauty.

Where did he get that red hair (or brown hair with red highlights?)

His pants are so big we have to roll them at the waist. He'll be fitting into them soon...

As I was looking at this weeks photos, I realized that they were all of Eli hanging out on the couch. I swear, we do more than sit on the couch. We sit lots of places: in the glider-rocker, in the car seat, on dad's lap, on mom's lap, but the couch really is a favorite place.

Eli is 4 weeks old already. It's hard to believe that we've had him for 4 weeks, but at the same time he's changed our life so much that I could say "We've ONLY had him 4 weeks?". He's so much fun, but he's a lot of work.

I joined a moms' group this week. It's been a lot of fun getting to know other women who stay home with their children. They do lots of fun things: parties, picnics, mom's night out, and playgroups. Of course, they all love Eli.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No matter how gorgeously adorable Little Eli is, NOBODY could pull off those striped pants! (I don't mean that in the literal sense.)

sharleen.2cupsofcoffee said...

When we were dressing him, Dennis did say that Eli would look back at these pictures someday and ask "What were you thinking?" So, I don't know what we were thinking but I still like the striped pants no matter what anyone else thinks.

Anonymous said...

Now that I'm one of you Netflix "friends", I can honestly say that I'm a little concerned about the movies you're showing your little couch potato. I was expecting a whole list of those Baby Einstein shows. Instead I find titles like Sin City, Slasher, and Deranged! He's going to grow up with a rather unusual slant on life and making him wear weird striped pants won't help.

Dennis said...

For what it's worth, Slasher is a documentary about a used car salesman, Sin City is based on a comic book (or a "graphic novel" although it was way more graphic than we were prepared for, which is why we didn't finish it), and Deranged was a pretty good psychological thriller. Eli didn't watch any of them, but we were just thinking that we will soon have to remove all R rated movies from our queue.

Josh and Rya said...

Sharleen, the red highlights are a Zeman thing. Rya has them, too.

Gramma Sharon said...

I like striped pants on little couch potatoes. Enjoy this time it won't last for long and Eli will be motoring around the house.