Sunday, September 11, 2005

Buckeyes v. Longhorns

The nation's biggest college football game so far this season was in town on Saturday, and Eli was there to watch. The biggest excitement of the game came before kickoff, when he filled his diaper and had to be changed in the stands. After that, he was undisturbed by the screaming of 105,000 people and slept through most of the game. When he woke up he was discouraged to find out the #2-ranked Texas Longhorns had beaten the #4-ranked OSU Buckeyes in a 4th quarter comeback. It was the biggest disappointment of his young life, but he is coping well.

Mom was more impressed by the OSU Marching Band (aka: "The Best Damn Band in the Land") than the game. This is their signature "Script Ohio" formation.

3 comments:

Confucius said...

I watched the whole game, and was yelling at the television in the final moments. I was, in fact, worried that the crowd noise might be keeping little Eli up in his apartment half a mile away. Does the apartment shake, I wondered, when 100,000 people scream? Now I see I needn't have worried. He was AT the game. Well, Eli, I share your disappointment. But you can be proud you weren't born in Texas, at least!

Anonymous said...

Well if Eli has any problems with ongoing depression, Juniper is just a phone call away and has experiance with phone counseling...by the way, I still want to see the supply and demand picture :-)

Gramma Sharon said...

What a good looking bunch of OSU Fans.