I think we might actually be done with what was the longest winter ever!! Woot! Yesterday, was ice off on Lake Bemidji and the snow finally all melted from our yard. We had lots of snow this year. The skiing was good, but after 6 months of snow, I'm glad that it's gone. I've never experienced a winter like this.... I can't even explain it because just the thought makes me crabby.
The picture above was taken at Lake Bemidji State Park on May 14. Lake Bemidji still had ice and it was super windy. The waves blew the ice onto the shore. It was eerily cool. The ice was like a giant blob creeping up the shore. It sounded like a tinkling freight train. We stopped after school to view mother nature at work. Then the next day, it was gone. Finally I can say, "Welcome Spring!"
2 comments:
That LOOKS really cool but I imagine you were tired of it. Glad Spring is springing! Enjoy!
~Cheryl
Yikes, that is a long winter. Cool ice!
Post a Comment