Friday, February 22, 2013

Winterfest

Today was Schoolcraft's annual winterfest in which everyone participates in fun outdoor winter activities. The weather was a perfect day for outdoor play, a balmy 20 degrees. Kids and staff came dressed in their warmest clothes and had a great day! Note: I spent most of the day with the kindercrew because they seemed to need the most help, putting on, taking off, emergency bathroom runs, warm-up breaks and the like, so there are way more pictures of Sadie than Eli...

Cross country skiing was first on the list...
 Then a little playing while we waited for our next activity.
A warm-up with hot chocolate and games/coloring:


Next was wagon rides, I never seem to get good pictures on wagon rides...
The activity that the kids were most excited for was dog-sledding. I have to admit that that's what I was most excited for too!
Sadie getting her turn!
And me getting mine!
Then, a fantastic chili lunch and back out to ice-fish!
Our last activity of the day was stories by the fire complete with marshmallow roasting and s'mores!! It was a perfect ending to an almost perfect day. It was a fun and exhausting day. What a wonderful celebration of Northern Minnesota and all of it's wonder and opportunity.


1 comment:

allanya said...

So cool! I want to go on a dog sled. I did ice fishing as a kid it was fun.