Friday, November 18, 2011

Halloween

It was a crazy Halloween weekend. First we had Sadie's Birthday and piano recital on Friday, Sadie's party on Saturday, a family Halloween party that evening, a kid Halloween party on Sunday, class parties on Monday and trick-or-treating. Can you believe I even had the time to get food poisoning and spent 36 hours straight in bed? (Dennis had to take the kids to one of their parties, but I managed to make it to the school parties and trick-or-treating). Here are a few of the highlights.

Miss A's Kindergarten Class

Eli told me he wanted to be a bat for Halloween, not Batman, a bat. So, I got all excited about making a costume. Luckily, I didn't get very far before he said that he just wanted to be a power ranger, the same one he was last year. I happily agreed.
TLC Pre-school Class
The only photo I got of Eli and Sadie together.
 
 What was Sadie? Well, she's a Chipette, of course. You know, the girl version of the Chipmunks. This was actually my mistake. Sadie told me she wanted to be a chipmunk, and I immediately thought of Brittany the Chipette, because they have watched the Chipmunk movie a gazillion times. Well, it turns out that she wanted to be the furry, big-cheeked forest kind of chipmunk, instead of the furry, big-cheeked rocker kind of Chipmunk. But, as soon as she saw the pink coat and plaid tie she happily agreed. Phew, I lucked out of making a furry Chipmunk costume.
The weather that night was perfect for trick-or-treating. We walked around with pals Abby and Ryan. The kids happily ran from house to house and they didn't even have to wear their coats! They got a ton of candy, but they both claimed that they loved the haunted house the best. The haunted house is built by middle schoolers in their garage. It was quite good and scary, but not-too-scary for the little guys. They even wanted to go again by themselves.

2 comments:

allanya said...

Too funny about the costume mix ups. I like to wait for Jake's idea to stick for awhile before proceeding with costume work. Sadie is so cute in her costume. Fun times.

MomMom said...

Man, I want that red hood costume, way cool for Lola!! LOL
Agreed on the Forest Chipmunk difficulty level, man, you dodged a bullet there!!