Saturday, October 29, 2011

Milestone: Sadie Gets Her Ears Pierced!

A few months ago Sadie asked if she could get her ears pierced. Dennis and I had never discussed an age and truly neither of us really cared when she got her ears pierced, but we both felt she should have a wait just a little bit. We told her that she could pierce her ears when she was 5. We were both surprised though when she said that she wanted to do it on her birthday after her piano recital. So, after the recital we went to the mall so Sadie could get her ears pierced.
She chose sparkly pink flowers and was beside herself with excitement.



As you can see, she was so brave and did great!


After we left all she could say was, "I just can't stop smiling. I just love my new earrings so much!"
This morning she woke up early (really early, like 3am early) and all she could tell me was "I just can't stop smiling." I'm really really glad she loves them! She also reminded me right away this morning that we needed to clean them and turn them. Oh, and she told everyone that she just got her ears pierced!

6 comments:

MomMom said...

Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! She looks divine!!! (on a hysterical side note, the suggested movie that came up after was "STD Phone call")
LMBO!!
Go Sadie Girl!!!

tomandcheryl said...

Awesome Sadie! She looks so grown up! Love it! What a great way to celebrate her birthday!
~Cheryl

allanya said...

That was about the age I got mine, sweet brave girl.

GramZ said...

Love those pierced ears, I think Pink earrings are perfect for you.

phdmommy said...

Love the pink earrings!

~heather~ said...

Yay Sadie!!