Monday, July 26, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

Dennis' family had their yearly family reunion at Greg's lake home in Park Rapids, MN. There was a great turnout with all 12 siblings in attendance along with spouses and their progeny(40 all together, plus 3 dogs). There was a whole lot of family time which means a lot of food, a lot of laughs and a whole lot of fun. The kids got lots of cousin time in along with a lot of swimming and a lot of Ninja (which I'll have to film next time so you can get a feel of how much fun we're talking about...). We camped, we swam, we fished, we ate and ate and ate some more. Do you know how many pounds of gummy worms 17 kids can eat in one weekend? 15 pounds!!! I can't even begin to count the number of bags of chips, pounds of pasta, and number of pies, cookies, bars and kuchen. Let's just say that this family can eat!!
A huge thanks goes out to Greg, Michele and Jack for being such great hosts and volunteering to have 40 guests invade their house for the weekend. I know it's a huge undertaking and a huge toll on the septic system!!Anyways, we had an awesome time. Thanks for all of your hard work and great boat driving skills (and patience)!
Here is Dennis and all of his siblings. I can name them all too: Dave, Pat, Duane, Dennis, Becky, Greg, Cindy, Paula, Terri, Mary, Mick and Lisa
Can you believe that I've been married to Dennis for 8 years and I've known him for almost 16 years and this is the first time that I've met his brother Dave? Crazy. Dennis thinks that this is the first time that they've all been together since Cindy's wedding in the early '90s.
Grace, Maddie, Sadie, Eli and Jaime
Pete, Jake, Betty, Jack

Maddie, Ashley, Sadie, Elizabeth

Cindy, Erin, Kristen, Maddie, Grace, Cole, Greg
Pat, Gabe, Eli, Dennis

Sadie, Jack

Dennis, Eli, Sharleen, Sadie

5 comments:

tomandcheryl said...

Oh my gosh....it looks like so much fun!
~Cheryl

phdmommy said...

Cheryl stole my comment. I agree!!!

Mom2BeautifulGirl said...

How much fun is that! So glad you had such a good time. It must be so wonderful being so close to family again.

constance said...

sounds like a loooooooot of fun!!!
amazing that you never met one of his brother in 16 years!

~heather~ said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe you hadn't met one of his brothers in 16 years!!