I have ZERO pictures of Eli opening any gifts. And it's not that he didn't have any, he had plenty, believe me. But, he was so busy. He opened his presents so quickly and was off passing out gifts to everyone and putting paper in the trash and passing out cookies and making sure that the dog was ok and just being all around Mr. Event Coordinator that I didn't have a chance to get a picture of any of it.Sadie, on the other hand, opened her presents so slowly and enjoyed each present as if it were the best present on Earth that she was still opening presents long after everyone else had finished. First, Sadie got the "precious jewels" and promptly put them on. Then, Sadie got the guitar. She patiently waited for me to get it out of the box (for those of you with kids, you know that this can be a long process of untwisting twist-ties and unscrewing screws, and breaking through un-breakable plastic), then started to play... Santa, by the way, pulled through and brought her the skunk slippers that she requested.
Later, still with her "precious jewels" and guitar, she can be seen wearing her new LLBean backpack with her name embroidered on it, and her new sock monkey (though, notice "monkey" is still getting some love as not to get jealous). It was such a joy watching the kids this Christmas, they had a blast and loved every moment (except for the tantrum Eli threw when we made him wear a sweater to church--oh the agony!) of family togetherness, Christmas Preparations, Christmas goodies and the overall spirit of Christmas.
The start of a new Christmas tradition? Eli, Sadie and Grandma slept under the Christmas tree that night in their brand-new inflatable sleeping bags. I didn't think they would sleep there all night, but they did. I don't know who had more fun, the kids or grandma? Just look at grandma's smile and I think grandma was pretty happy.
2 comments:
As the doer of dishes I can't get behind that rule :) But it looks like a blast was had by all. LOVE the sleeping bag pic!!!!
Sounds wonderful. I think that's a great new tradition to start. Grandma looks thrilled as do the kids.
Post a Comment