Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Leotards

I've mentioned before how much Eli and Sadie love gymnastics. Well, if you're going to go to gymnastics, you better look the part. I found a couple of really cute leotards at Once Upon A Child for a steal so I bought them so Sadie could wear them to class. Here she is saying "ta-da".

The only problem with Sadie's new leotards is that Eli likes them A LOT. He wanted to wear them all the time. He'd put one on, run around and say, "let's wrestle". He couldn't figure out why Sadie could wear one to gymnastics, but he couldn't. (This decision came after a long discussion between mom and dad one evening about a child being two and doing what he wants to do versus social norms. It was hard because we've never told him before that something is considered "boy" or "girl" before. But, now he knows and he says it often that "Leotards are for girls".). So, after much search on e-bay for a reasonably priced unitard that was not pink, black velvet, or sparkly in any way, shape or form, we came up with this (this is Eli in his "wrestling stance"):

It's a little big, but it's not pink, velvety, or sparkly, it was cheap and as an added bonus it's Buckeye colors. Perfect! He wore it to gymnastics today and I think it made him jump higher.

No comments: